Sandra (Sandi) Saksena
"I love pushing boundaries A good collaboration pushes the boundaries of both partners.
Being She and Aparna resonate with me and my philosophy on life"
‘Each of us has experienced a sense of possibility - moments where we imagine things as they could be, and yet we hold back. Concerned with circumstance, what others might think, or lack of interest; we don't act on our vision. Express yourself fully, make a difference, be a leader.’
A long-time resident of the Gulf, Sandi has lived in Kuwait, Bahrain and now in Dubai for the last 47 years. Circumstances pushed her to find a job, A late entrant into the work force, with no previous work experience she could not even prepare a CV!
Sandi devotes her time and energies to her job in personal financial planning.She leads an all female team of financial counsellors at Nexus Insurance Brokers.She heads the division ‘Family Matters’ at Echelon Advisors and Management Consultants her family firm. Her focus is Financial Empowerment of Women.
Sandi believes that building trust, and loyalty, sharing and giving, dealing with integrity and honesty are essential ingredients to success in both the personal and professional arena. Personal experiences and insurmountable challenges are your best teachers! They make your stronger and more resilient.
Health and Wellness are an essential to a happy and fruitful existence. Openness to new ideas is the key to growing your life.
Sandi is a regular contributor to the media on topics related to personal finance, is a regular guest speaker on radio and TV and is frequently quoted in the business pages of the of local and international publications.
She is a sought-after speaker at conferences conventions and corporate events. She is a mentor, her Her focus is Leadership,Relationships, Value of self, going with flow Stay Relevant, and core focus - Financial Independence &Empowerment of Women.
- The Best Woman Entrepreneur Life time Achievement award 2019 Berkeley Middle East
- Most Empowering CEO club member 2018 by CEO Clubs International
- Most Inspiring Woman of Substance Dubai Women’s Run 2018
- Excellence is Corporate Leadership Award by International Sheroes Forum 2018
- Women Super Achiever Award 2018 - 5th women in Leadership Congress award
- Burj CEO Award 2017 CEO Clubs International
- Women Super Achiever Award 2017 - 4th women in Leadership Congress award
- CEO Clubs Network (www.ceoclubsuae.com) Platinum Award in Corporate Leadership UNASCO and WILTME for supporting Women’s Initiatives and Women Empowerment in an Outstanding and Professional manner over the years
- 2016 Personality of the year World of Women Film Fare Middle East in recognition for valuable contribution to women in the UAE and beyond among others.
- Chartered Insurance Institute CII UK by examination www.cii.co.uk
- Level 3 (Financial planning, Insurances and Financial Services General Insurance)
Other positions in the community
- Founder - Laksh-ME a Trust in India focused on Financial Independence of Women
- Permanent Trustee and Partner Manzil Centre for individuals with special needs www.manzil.ae
- Forum leader Gender Equality Indian Business and Professional Counsel
- Founding and Permanent board member Woman of Substance
- Executive Director Being She a Platform for Empowering Married Women
- Board member Business Women’s Division CEO Clubs
- Advisory Board Member CSR UAE Actionaid
- Task force Lead on WEPSUAE Sustainable goal 5 of UNGC
- Life member Worldwide Association of Female Professionals USA
- Life member Athena International USA
Health camps in association with Federation of Obstetrics and Gynaecologists of India (www.fogsi.org) Pan India
Financial Literacy for women and Tribalsin Central India in association with the NGO Mahashakti
Adventure and Spiritual seeker
Arctic Circle, Peru Macchu Picchu Bolivia Lake Titicaca, Bhutan, Shaolin temple China, Ulluru Australia, Shambhala Mongolia, Mount Kailash Tibet. Himachal Prdesh/Rajashtan/Karnataka/7 states of North East/ Uttrakhand India
Sky Diving, Rappelling, White Water Rafting, Bungee jumping, Horse riding, Mushing with the huskiesSome
Some of the events where I have spoken
SME WORLD SUMMIT 2015 2016 2017 2018 WOMEN ENTREPENUERS
Facing challenges Overcoming Obstacles
Health and Wellness for SME Owners
SUPER WOMEN ACHIEVERS FEMINA MUMBAI 2018
Health And Wellness Work Life Balance
INTERNATIONAL SHEROES FORUM 2016 2017 2018 , 2019 KEYNOTE
Work Life Balance
Belief And Intent
Tune Into your Internal GPS
OFFICIAL MENTOR MRS INDIA GLOBE 2019 IN DUBAI
MODERATOR AND MENTOR DUBAI FASHION LEAGUE
MODERATOR BOLD TALKS WOMEN
HOST AND CHAIR OF LEADERSHIP AND DEVELOPMENT CONFERENCE LEAD 2017
HOST AND CHAIR OF ARAB WOMEN IN LEADERSHIP AND BUSINNESS CONFERNCE 2018
“We are all a little weird and life's a little weird, and when we find someone whose weirdness is compatible with ours, we join up with them and fall in mutual weirdness and call it love.”